FANDOM


Caught-in-the-Throat "Laff!" Sign
LAFF Sign Cropped

Origin

Feldman's Diner Comedy Night

Type

Signage

Effects

Causes laughter during while eating

Downsides

Victims will choke on food

Activation

Powering lights

Collected by

-

Section

Food-888

Aisle

-

Shelf

-

Date of Collection

2nd December, 1971

[Source]


OriginEdit

Hand crafted by a family friend of Alan Feldman, owner of Feldman's Diner in Wamego, Kansas. A small and failing business, Feldman had decided to host a comedy night to attract local and out-of-town customers in he hopes of making the event a regular occurrence. Opening night was promising, with a full house of 29. The first acts were without incident.

Third on stage, a young local who was never identified, told a joke during the main service which was so unexpected that four diners choked on their food. One was saved by the staff, but the other three died in house. With the recent disaster, the business had to close and the sign was purchased by a visiting eccentric.

Warehouse attention was attracted when all members of the woman's family were found dead at the dinner table.

EffectsEdit

When the bulbs on the sign are lit, anyone who has food in their mouth will suffer a sudden but brief bought of laughter as they try to swallow. This almost always results in food getting caught in the airway, leading to choking and death.

TriviaEdit

This sign was seen briefly in the "Cooking" section of the Warehouse in the episode "The Sky's the Limit", opposite Julia Child's Apron.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.